My blog stats have been WAY up the last few days so I was trying to think of something to write to keep up the momentum. For inspiration, I used my trusty friend the tag surfer and happened upon this blog and decided to do my own version. Maybe I’ll be inspired to write something more “meaty” later, but I wouldn’t count on it.
5 things in my bag
(yes, more than 5, but I’m not exactly a ‘rule follower’ am I?)
The bag– a fake Gucci I got at a purse party a couple months ago and have been carrying ever since. I love it. It’s deep red/almost burgundy and fits a lot of shit (as you’ll soon see)
Since this is the “5 item game” I’ll just point out the highlights:
1) Cigarettes-- I haven’t been smoking much lately but on my way out of town I bought a pack. In the spirit of honesty, I left those in, although I am NOT proud of it!
2) A Lint Roller– No matter what, I’m *always* finding lint, fuzz, dog hair, etc. on my pants, so I’ve been carrying it around with me
3) My camera– You can’t see it in the picture (because, duh, it was taking the picture), but I almost always have my digital camera on me in case a photo op arises.
4) Various lipglosses/chap stick. There are a total of 7 lip products in my bag. SEVEN! Seriously.
5) Random papers– including a written warning for speeding that I got back in July. I was using the back of it for my to-do list
5 favorite things in my room
I honestly don’t have a lot of fun stuff in my room, but here’s what I came up with
1) This great necklace I’ve been wearing everywhere. It came from Silpada or Lia Sophia or something but it’s exactly the right length and it’s a little quirkier than the rest of my jewelry
2) My “Wall of Shoes”-- I especially like the black Nine West’s, but they’ve seen better days!
3) My Old Crow and I Heart New York stickers– they usually live on my mirror, but I put them on the dresser for better a better pic
4) My “piggy bank”– It’s actually an old milk bottle, but I love it. I’ve had it since I was a kid!
5) Gap Messenger Bag– I got this in college and I’ve carried it EVERYWHERE– to school, to work, on vacation. Its an all purpose bag. I think I paid $10 for it!
5 things I’m currently into:
1) Reading– I’ve always been a reader, but right now I’m on one of my reading “spurts”
2) Kelly Green and Lemon Yellow– I’m kinda transitioning from the green to yellow, but couldn’t find a good yellow object to photograph
3) Self-Reflection: This is a poster I made a while ago about “who I am,” but I feel I’ve grown since then
4) This awesome weather– It has been SO NICE here the last couple of days. I’m finally able to wear my sunglasses!
5) Handlebars by the Flobots. I can’t get enough of this song!
5 things I’ve always wanted to do
1) Go skiing. I’ve tried to water ski w/no luck and I’ve NEVER been snow skiing
2) Join the Peace Corps
3) Get paid to write
4) Be a man for a day
5) Be famous