So, I gave up on my “morning freewrites” this weekend because yesterday I was too hungover to write coherently and today I couldn’t think of anything to write.
I’ve been hanging out all day thinking that I’d have some sort of epiphany and the perfect post would just pop into my head. Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of “deep” stuff to write about. But I tried that yesterday and it didn’t work so well for me. I think I have to be in the right mood for deep.
I’m also still waiting for the funny post that I know I have in me. I’m generally a funny person. And I’ve even been capable of writing funny stuff, but for some reason, humor has escaped me since starting this blog.
However, I’m committed to writing something–anything– at least daily, so here goes nothing…
Things I’ve done today (in no particular order)
- Watched a marathon of America’s Next Top Model. The season where Eva wins. I’ve seen it at least 4 times
- Ordered pizza online. I’ve had pizza delivered to my house maybe 3 times since I’ve lived here and I’ve never ordered it online. Talk about a new level of laziness.
- Talked to my grandma on the phone. She called me, so I don’t get brownie points
- Did the dishes, laundry is 2/3 done
- Uploaded pix from the weekend to mySpace
- Left the house once– to get ice cream. Again, lazy. And horrible food choices.
Things I haven’t done today
- Work out
- Shower (as of 9 pm, I showered… so it goes in the list above!)
- Finish paying bills
- Sweep/mom the floors
- Read my book
- Consult my to-do list
There you have it… my not-so-exciting day in a nutshell. Time to get back on the couch. I’m sure there’s a re-run I haven’t seen, and I know there are unwatched Netflix lying around. But, honestly, I won’t watch them, either. Too much of a time commitment (not that 5 hours of ANTM wasn’t a time commitment, but, well– it’s different!)