We’ve established that I’m horrible at blogging. In an effort to get better, here are some random happenings:
- Some bratty kid kicked my dog at the pet store the other day. Just walked right up and kicked her. Then the parents SORTA said “sorry” before picking up the kid, hugging her and telling her it was okay. Um, no… it’s NOT OK! As my friend said: “that’s how serial killers start.”
- I’m thinking about getting a bike. There’s a local bike co-op. I think I’ll go tomorrow and see about getting a bike. I want to bike for a number of reasons: exercise, transportation, saving the environment. Those are good enough reasons, dontcha think?
- We’re learning to write for the web at work. I’m trying to use the tools to start an intra-staff blog. We’ll see what happens. It’s amazing how little people know about this crazy new internet thing. Even the developers. Weird.
- I’m hating that WordPress took away the “insert image” link. Now I have to add it as “media”? WTF? I liked it better when I could just steal from someone else. I guess that’s the point, huh?
- I finished a book this month. Which doesn’t sound like it should be THAT big of an accomplishment, but I’m still reading On the Road from May. Just can’t get into it. I really want to like it. It’s got sex. It’s got drugs. It’s got counter-culture. But I’m just not as into it as I want to be.
- I’m also reading a book about Web 2.0 (or Web Twenty as the cool kids are calling it). Very interesting. I’ll post a review when I’m done.