The Facts of Life theme song has been swimming around in my head for the last few days. ‘Cuz, here’s the thing. There have been some not-so-great things happen the last week or so:
- I injured my hip running and probably won’t be able to race this weekend. Even though I’m slow, racing is my favorite part of running and I’m super bummed. I’d decided to just do the 5k, but now I don’t know. I’d like to end the year on a high-note, but I don’t know if running my FIFTH 5K is really worth injuring it further.
- I had a couple really painful days at work. It’s that time of year.
- I took the morning off of work to have a new TV/Internet service installed at my house. Turns out they couldn’t get enough “signal” or something, so they’re going to try to fix it and I’ll have to schedule another install, which means taking off another 3-4 hours. I’m thinking of saying “No, thank you” to them.
- My mortgage company miscalculated my escrow last year. As a result, my monthly payment is going up $200 to make up for the difference. Starting in December. Awesome timing, folks!
So, yeah… it’s been a rough few days. Nothing major, just minor everyday annoyances. But, you know what else? I also have plenty to be thankful for:
- I had a great time bowling with friends on Friday night
- I went to a super-fun bachelorette party on Saturday (In a pimped-out bus…. complete with a stripper pole!)
- I had dinner with my mom, Aunt and Granny to celebrate her birthday. At said birthday, I lost $10… but the good people at the Ribeye returned it to me. I also got to hear my Granny tell the story of how she turned down a marriage proposal (again) from her 80+ year old “beau.” Priceless.
So, yeah….You take the good, you take the bad. You take them both. And there you have: The Facts of Life. Mrs. Garrett would be proud!