Derby updates: Derby is pretty much consuming my life.
- We drafted a 3rd team, the Damagin’ Dames and got 2 great new players on our team.
- Our league is now a WFTDA Apprentice League. This is a big deal for a 7-month old league.
- We had our first intra-league scrimmage vs. the newbies from the Circle City Socialites. We WON! This is a super big deal for a bunch of people who had never really skated together and had zero idea what we were getting ourselves into.
- I bruised (and then re-bruised) my tailbone at the scrimmage. I also fell and bruised my hand pretty bad, but I’m okay. No serious injuries to report. Just a blow to the ego.
- We formed a travel team. I made the 20-skater roster. Our first practice was this past weekend and it was TOUGH, but fun.
- The first travel team bout is August 21 vs. The St. Chux Derby Chix (I’m in love with their logo). Only 14 out of the 20 players will dress, but I’ll be there whether I skate or not.
- Our next home bout is August 27 at the Savoy Rec Center. It’s my team (The ‘Paign) vs. the newly-formed Damagin’ Dames. I’ll let you know when tickets go on sale. I may or may not be skating.
Running updates: not much to report, since I’m not really running these days.
- I skipped a 5K last weekend due to my tailbone issues/lack of training.
- I’m signed up for the Run 4 Raley August 7. I should probably do some training so I don’t have a repeat of my last 5K debacle.
Life updates: you know, the stuff that *isn’t* running or derby
- I was without a washing machine for a week and a half. Mine broke and it took a while to get a new one. We got a top loader w/o an agitator. It makes weird noises, but at least I can wash my clothes. Too bad the laundry *still* isn’t caught up.
- Our Annual girls’ boat trip was a couple weekends ago. I took exactly one picture, which isn’t postable.
- Kim’s wedding was this past weekend. She looked amazing. It was a super fun time. I have *slightly* more pictures of this event. I’m not my usual camera-happy self these days.
- There’s a reason work is called “work.” I’ll leave it at that.
- I’m going to SoIL this weekend to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and niece. It’s been waaayyy too long since I’ve seen them.
- Maybe I’ll take a book. I think I’ve finished TWO books all year. I’m sadly behind on my reading.
- As you’ve probably noticed, I’m not blogging much these days. I’d make a bunch of excuses, but the truth is– I don’t really enjoy it anymore. I feel like there are plenty of other ways to track what I’m doing and the blog seems redundant.
- However, I’ve referred to blog posts REGULARLY to remember what I’ve done. So maybe I’ll continue posting “big” events.
- Or maybe not.