You know how facebook’s new prompt is “What’s on your mind?” Well, this is what mine would say if I answered that question correctly (and repeatedly)
- It’s Friday night. I’m hanging out at home. I’m okay with that. I can handle solitude in small doses.
- I paid $75 this week to get my oil changed and a new tail light. Then they told me I needed new brakes and a bunch of other stuff. I hate car repairs. I don’t have a car payment, so I can’t complain. But, seriously!
- I’ve apparently forgotten how to make rice. It’s been cooking for probably an hour and I’ve had to add water twice. Grrr..
- I had a great run tonight. I think it’s the new shoes.
- I have a super busy weekend planned. Hence the staying home on a Friday night.
- We started a “Biggest Loser” thing this week in preparation for Steph’s wedding. I think it will be fun. I’m taking “before” and “after” pictures, but I can’t post them until it’s all over.
- My co-worker just had her babies. Yes, that’s right– twins. And she has a one-year old at home. Congrats!
- I need to write a couple stories for my class. I have some ideas, but I can’t bring myself to write them yet. Thus, the blogging.
- I’m dog sitting for the night and I just discovered Roxie has this crazy “patch” of skin/fur that needs to be checked out. Yet another appointment I’ll forget to make.
- I really need a personal assistant. Or maybe just someone to pay my bills. I’m also putting that off.
- Kansas’ Carry On My Wayward Son makes zero sense. But it’s so damn catchy.
- Kansas is my least favorite state to drive through. On one trip out West, my parents drove through Kansas in the middle of the night to spare us the boredom. I woke up in the middle of the state thinking there was a rain storm. There wasn’t. It was bugs. Splattering on the windshield enough to make me wake up and think it was rain. Gross. My apologies to any Kansasians (?) who might read this…
- The shuffle on my iPod is apparently not working ‘cuz Kansas is now on again. Annoying. Must change it.
- Got up to change the song on the iPod and realized the rice was burning. Smoke alarm went off. Hilarity ensued.
- Foo Fighters now on iPod. Best of You. I can’t hear this song without thinking about Breaking Bonaduce when his wife gave him a mirror with the lyrics on it. “I needed somewhere to hang my head/without your noose.” Yeah, totally not a love song. I think they’re now divorced.
- I think the burnt rice ruined my “good” stock pot. Ugh.
- This is my new favorite quote: “I don’t feel middle-aged — I just feel like I’ve been young a lot longer than most people. ”
Not that I am middle aged, but the second half really resonated with me. It came from this really great article on drinking.
I think I’ll end on that note. ‘Night.