It’s hard to believe it’s already almost the end of July. Summer always seems to fly by. Most of my free time has been filled by the following:
- Boot Camp– We started the second session of FitCamps4Chicks. I can’t stress how much I’ve enjoyed these sessions. The trainer, Bobbi, is great and the workouts are fun.
- Biking– I started biking to work last week. I was only able to bike 3 days and I’ll probably only get 3 days in this week, but I’ve finally figured out my route and I’ve worked out a few kinks, so I’m excited to get back in the saddle.
- Boat Trip– Our annual girls’ boat trip is next weekend. This year we’re combining it with Kristi’s bachelorette party. A day on the lake with my fave girls in the whole world. Can’t beat it!
- Work– well, it always takes up my time, but I’m nearing the end of a huge project and I can’t wait. One more week and then vacation!
- Pool– My friend Kim has been nice enough to let me use her pool all summer. As a result, I actually have a bit of a tan. It’s nice to not have to worry about being pasty white in July.
Okay, I’ll try this again… I’ve been slacking on my freewriting lately and apparently I haven’t posted in almost a week. Ooops!
What have I been up to, you ask? Well, I took a few days off of work. I’d call them “mental health days” but that’s lame. Basically I had a migraine that probably could have been managed with meds, but I decided to use it as an excuse to be lazy.
And lazy I was. Tues and Weds I laid around A LOT. Went back to work Thurs just in time to have people over for the Lost finale. I actually tried posting my Lost comments here, but something happened and I gave up. Sad thing is, I haven’t even had a chance to read the rest of the theories. Maybe today.
Friday was crazy… Work was work. Then I had to babysit for a couple hours. And my friends came over to pre-dring/get ready for Bunco. And then there were storms. Crazy storms. People calling about the storms. People calling about Bunco. Chaos.
Saturday… Oh, yeah. Mowed the lawn. Got sweaty. Went to my friend’s pool. Went to a wedding reception. It was a LONG, LONG, LONG day.
Yesterday I went to the pool again and laid around A LOT. I’m a sleeping fool. Oh, and I went to Lowe’s to get some “supplies” I’ve decided against getting professional landscaping done, but figured I should at least buy some flowers to spruce up the place. I had no luck. I’ll go again this week. I also want to stain my fence, so I got some info. on that. I wish I would have had more time/energy earlier in the weekend so some of this would be done.
Here’s my list of home-improvement projects (well, just the outside ones)
- Buy/Plant flowers
- Cut back bushes
- Outdoor furniture
- Power wash porch
- Wash windows
- Stain fence
- Get garage painted
Man, my life is boring, huh?